Torque Converter?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 01:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Torque Converter?

2008 F-150. 2wd 4.6 V8.

I've been having this issue where when driving, when I hit certain bumps, It's like the truck "drops" a gear and the RPM's jump up for a couple seconds and then it returns to normal. My truck has been tuned by Mike at 5Star. I've talked to him and he's not sure it has anything to do with the tunes. I'm still doing some testing(he said to try to recreate the problem running the truck Stock). Going to take it for a longer drive tomorrow to give the stock tune a real test.

My question here is if anyone else has had a similar issue or opinion on what it might be? Mike suggested the Torque Converter may be going bad. Any idea? About how much will it cost me to have the Torque Converter replaced if that is indeed the problem?

Thanks,
Rob

Old 07-10-2013, 04:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know when my Torque Converter went bad the symptom was at highway speeds and going into overdrive it would do a little shudder. Higher gears not lower gears or at low speed just highway like going up a slight hill it would have to downshift and make just a little shudder when shifting.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, think I'm pretty much done testing. Problem Does Not exist while running on the stock tune. :| Guess I'll have to talk to Mike next week.

Quick Reply: Torque Converter?