Free 1993 F150 ext. cab 4x4 w/EOD4 trans

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 11:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Free 1993 F150 ext. cab 4x4 w/EOD4 trans

Was I dreaming? No! Did I have someone pinch me to be sure? No! But for some reason I still feel like I have been kicked in the nuts. I just received a 1993 F150 extended cab 4x4 with the 5.0L 302 and the E40D auto trans (door sticker E shift cluster PNR(D)21 with O/D switch on selector lever) for free!! Did I mention the full carpeted bed with pop up tent and flip out queen size bed? Hello Everyone, My friends call me Nien, because I am the last of Nine, notice the spelling difference... I wanted to introduce myself because this is my first FORD pavement vehicle and I will have alot of questions, plus it is the right thing to do when you find a place, bar, club, event etc. where you feel like you could fit in. That being said here is my problem. I am in dire straits and in need of a E4OD 4x4 transmission. Everything I wrote is true. The truck was free with the campshell carpet kit tags paid for a whole year even. I jumped in it and started her up with tears in my eyes. Purred like a bitchin truck. Then I heard ringing in my ears as the previous owner said, " You might hear a little noise as you go out the driveway, it has been shifting just a bit hard as of lately". I didn't think much about it until I put in in (D) and headed towards my trailer full of steel that I have been paying storage fee on at the Hi I'm Hitler of the Desert storage yard, for the past year when my J20 JEEP inadvertantly took a nose dive, and landed on the PTO take off winch< nose first off a 15 foot culvert. But that is a story for another day. Yep she was a hard shifter, but I figured I'm only 15 miles from my house so I'll pop in to AutoZone grab a trans filter and fluid pick up the trailer and roll on. Well Sirs, by the time I got her back to the stables she was buckin and kickin like someone had the you know whats stuck in the wringer. I dropped the pan and my chin at the same time. Say it with me NEEDLE BEARINGS AND A MAGNET THAT LOOKED LIKE A WOOLY MAMMOTH. I crawled into my pop up campshell and wept like a school girl. Does anyone in this forum know of or lived near Apple Valley, Ca. who is willing to trade manual labor, or maybe a J20 jeep 4X4 with PTO take off project truck or vehicle maintenance etc. for a known good working E4OD 4x4 transmission. I am flat *** broke but I have alot of stuff I would part with. If I could post a picture of this truck right now I would (cant attach anything here YET) 108k orig miles with 38k on new OEM crate motor and yes I have eaten off the interior already. BUT her trans is trashed. If anyone can help I will be at your beckon call 24/7 to haul whatever to whereever for a year (please see fine print fuel not included limited to the US excluding Alaska and Hawaii). Listen folks I'm trying to be positive about finally being able to look for full time steady work and a little humor makes me feel better about my crappy situation. But I gotta try something. You don't know me from Adam but I'm a family man like most of you are or someday will be. I want to work and shop at Sears not walk and shop at WalMart. Thanks for taking the time to listen. I'll be just over here if any of you has some good news

Quick Reply: Free 1993 F150 ext. cab 4x4 w/EOD4 trans