Losing clutch fluid rappidly HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 03:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Losing clutch fluid rappidly HELP!

It started off every so often (once or twice at most a month) i would need to refill the resevoir lately it has been more daily/weekly i had the slave cylinder? replaced twice it was the same thing clutch wouldnt do anything --but those two times it was just random i would park it working fine.. next morning couldnt get it in gear.. anyone know if this is the same problem or something else?

Old 10-06-2010, 07:04 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
If it is leaking out that fast you should be able to see fresh fluid around the leak. Is the paint peeling at the fire wall by the master, or the floor inside wet?

Old 10-06-2010, 09:53 PM
not wet inside and no peeling paint i looked where the 1" tube goes into the fire wall from where you fill it up -- was kind of wet around the 90 degree fitting but it may be from over pour spill from filling it.. ill wipe it off and see -- ive never noticed it to be wet there before then there is a smaller hose about half inch that goes down behind the motor guessing it goes to that slave cylinder in the tranny

Old 10-06-2010, 10:15 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Yea clean everything up and look for fresh fluid. Could be a hose, loose connection, or bad master cylinder (clutch master). Also check any bleeders in the system to be sure they are closed tight.

At this point I'm out of guesses unless you find something new.

Good luck
Jim

Old 10-18-2010, 06:24 PM
i found that it is the slave cylinder leaking ... it was replaced twice in the past two years if its leaking does it need replaced or is there something that could just be loose?

Old 10-18-2010, 06:52 PM
I would make sure that the bleeder is good n tight and where the hydraulic line goes in isn't messed up.
If the slave has been replaced recently and is out again something is wrong.
I would try checking that line first off.

Old 10-21-2010, 11:43 AM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Some replacement slave cylinders come prefilled with oil. As a precaution crack the bleed screw before you connect the hydraulic lines. This will prevent excessive pressure build up in the slave and also allow easier connection. There are two slave cylinder designs. The improved design lasts longer. See picure below.

Quick Reply: Losing clutch fluid rappidly HELP!