shifter cable? or tranny?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shifter cable? or tranny?

I have an automatic 2004 f150. it began not kick in the gears. it would kick up to about the second gear. then i would accelerate and the rpm would go up to 5000 rpm and then maybe kick in the next gear. i dont know anything about cars so i took it to a mechanic who i did not know. he said it needed a new tranny or rebuild. since i needed the truck quick i told him to do it. he was suppose to be done with it saturday. then 5 minutes before they closed the shop he called and said he did his part on the tranny and it was done but something else was wrong. the shifter cable. now im in doubt if there was ever a tranny problem and he just rebuild it. It sounds like he rebuild the tranny bc he couldnt figure it out then took it on a drive and realized it had the same issue i took it in for.

is it possible that it could have just been the shifter cable..thats what he called it ....?

Old 04-07-2010, 03:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if he is just going to give it to you with out the original problum being fixed, tell the mechanic, he said it needed rebuilt to fix the problum. that was his profesional opinion. he rebuilt it and it cost you $2400 or what ever and it's still not fixed? tell him he needs to fix the original problum or you will file a complaint at the BBB. then get it fixed at another shop and then sue him.

don't let him just give it to you not fixed!.

Quick Reply: shifter cable? or tranny?