drive shaft angle

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 11:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drive shaft angle

I got my tailhouse bushing replaced today and my mechanic said that my angle is bad.I have a 7.5 inch lift with 35s is there a remedy to fix the drive shaft angle?thanks

Old 06-03-2007, 03:57 AM
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
You can't just lift a truck and not pay attention to driveline angles.
They have a preferred max operating angle before the U joints begin to get into improper actions and vibration.
It also aggravates the slip joint movement.
Should the axle housing dip downward under heavey braking, the front slip joint can come out to far.
You most likely need to put wedges under the springs to angle the pinion flange upward.
I'm sure lots of people have lifted and think they have gotten away with it; but it's not correct to do so without rear housing angle corrections.
Go to a shop that does this and get the right info.

Old 06-03-2007, 10:45 PM
Thanks Bluegrass My friend said the same thing about the wedges and Im going to the trans shop this week so they can expain the wedges to me.

Old 06-19-2007, 09:58 PM
that is a good way to do it.... I have shims in mine, but I lowered mine 2"s in the back... also I beleive I've seen a spacer that goes between the drive-shaft and the rear-end to make up for the loss of length.... Check fab tech's website, I think they're the one's that make it.

Quick Reply: drive shaft angle