screech in N or P, and Enging Cranks when in park

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 06:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
screech in N or P, and Enging Cranks when in park

I have posted few months ago in the transmission section about a problem i had with a 2000 F150 4.2 L .
got some feed back from few guys in here sscully and steve83.
at the begining i thought it was a trany issue but discoverd it was not ,it seems electrical, I need some smart guys to help me ,or if they have Diagrams (schematics) for this Truck.

When you turn onn the ignition key to run the radio , wippers....etc all work ok,except the radio right speakers wont work.

1. start the truck in Park put the gear in D and the Radio left system Kicks in, but the radio goes onn and off untill i drop the volume down to 3 notches. wippers wont work anymore, and i think i had problem one time with the windows, but they usualy work.
If know i tried to put the gear in N or P the starter Kicks in and the gears all grind with the Fly wheel, and if you put it in P and turned off the Ignition as a force of Habit, the Truck will start kicken it wants to start, the starter kicks in ,but ofcourse it wont start, because the ignition is off all the way Counterclock wise.
so know i have to put it back in ONN , let it start and then put it in D and turn it off in D ,then put it in P and get the Key OUT.

2. I was told to follow some simple tests and that 2 parts might be bad ,The Ignition switch under the steering columm and the DTR on the Trany.

I told them both are good, got screemed at and said i dont know what iam doing.
3. I had these parts changed and the starter , and the problem still the same .i just gave the dealer my $$$$$., for the new parts and to add insult to injury iam out of a job.

so what if any has some sugestions .???

Quick Reply: screech in N or P, and Enging Cranks when in park