P0191 Trouble code/Tranny light on

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 11:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P0191 Trouble code/Tranny light on

Does this mean my tranny is shot? Or soon will be? 2005 F-250 25,700 miles. I returned the computer calibration to stock and now can't get the light to come back on.

Old 03-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
I could kid you and say the trans will fall out onto the roadway.
But i'm a good guy so will tell you what my opinion is.
Seems you are running a tuner. With your tune in place I assume you get the code and indications.
With that being said, if you check the meaning of the code 191, it says fuel rail pressure sensor/ckt. fault. This is far from a trans fault.
There may be an additional fault you can't see or have read.
It looks like the performance program has a glitch and needs to be addressed by the vendor 'assuming' there is no fault indications when your back on factory tune.
Good luck.

Old 03-09-2007, 04:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks! Where can I find the meanings of the codes. I remember seeing it somewhere, but can't currently find it. There is a slight hesitation on the stock calibration that I have noticed before, but this is the first time on the tune. It was worse on the tune and the tranny light came on making me thing the tranny was slipping, but the fluid looks and smells fine. I still need to datalog and get that to TP.

Old 03-09-2007, 04:40 PM
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
For a copy of the codes, go to the SuperChips site and down load the FORD specific codes.
You will get 9 pages of codes in small print. Print them in Landscape format or you can't get all the line info to print on the pages.
You can't scan all these codes because they are specific to other systems you need a factory type scanner for, as well as access cables etc. in some instances.

If your OD lamp was flashing with the tune loaded then the trans was not happy with some part of the new program, I would guess.

Last edited by Bluegrass; 03-11-2007 at 01:24 PM.

Quick Reply: P0191 Trouble code/Tranny light on