4r70w shift kit problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 03:13 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question 4r70w shift kit problem

ok the install of the shift kit itself went rather well, but took some time considering i only have 1 hand to use lol

i think i messed up the linkage inside the pan, im hoping some late nighter or early bird special will see this and help me out some.

park: rev the engine and it sounds like its under a load, goes no where
Reverse: lights on, launches forward.
neuter: idles like its in nueter or park, but moves forward.
drive: goes forward
2 & 1 : cannot be selected.

what im thinkin i did is when i put it back together, i didnt move the detente arm (im no tranny guy, i made my own description) back in the correct position... can anyone shed some light on my problem? if that is what i did, can i fix it without dropping the pan?

help greatly appreciated, i really want to drive it and see how she shifts.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:49 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Klitch , your suppose to be healing that arm!!! That's gotta be a b^tch w/one hand.. It is boring waiting to heal, but - lol

If no one can get yuh straitened out . I have the illustrations on DVD - Patrick prolly has them too. PM me.

BTW - Transgo right?

Last edited by jbrew; 02-28-2007 at 06:52 AM.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:20 PM
yeah its transgo shift kit. im just severely puzzled by the fact i can not select 2 or 1... that is making me worry.

right now im down a computer... i had the illustrations on my comp but it took a crap and im still kicking it around the house.

Old 02-28-2007, 01:24 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
So you messed with the cable ? Did you adjust the TRS by using the backup lights ? Did you replace all accumulators? I don't think with the Transgo kits you do. Not sure , built54 and Neal have done this before - they both use Transgo Kits.

I have your trans in front of me on DVD, looking for a good illustration for yuh. Did you find a good illustration from the link I sent yuh? I have to head out back @3..

Last edited by jbrew; 02-28-2007 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:01 PM
i think my problem lies with the main valve hanging up inside the valve body. i noticed it didnt pull through and meet up with the selector... wtf were i thinkin?

Old 02-28-2007, 05:35 PM
... problem was the main valve not hooked up to the gear selector at all.... it works great now!

Quick Reply: 4r70w shift kit problem