New Member With Tranny Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 10:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Member With Tranny Questions

Hello all!
My truck was driving fine with no shifting problems at all. I pull into my driveway and 30 minutes later as I tried to back out...no reverse...it will go into drive but will not change out of 1st. This is an automatic. I've resigned myself to the fact that its new tranny time, but when I crank the truck now, it idles as smooth as silk, until I press the gas, it almost dies and then comes back up to idle...is this transmission related or a seperate issue? I have plenty of fluid and it still looks good. Please forgive my ignorance and the long post. Any advice would be appreciated!

Old 12-15-2006, 06:09 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
What is the milage on the tranny? Fluid changes ever?

Adrianspeeder

Old 12-15-2006, 11:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transmission has over 200K. I've had the truck a little over a year and have not changed the fluid. The previous owner told me he changed it every 20k and on the last 2 or 3 changes he added some kind of treatment. Not sure what it was though.

Although there are alot of miles on the truck it has been well maintained and, aside from this transmission problem, is in great shape.

Old 12-16-2006, 04:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
even if he changed it every 20k at 200k probably rebuild time. she probably starting to get tired.

Quick Reply: New Member With Tranny Questions