Forward clutch rings/stator support?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 01:35 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Forward clutch rings/stator support?

I've had an ongoing tranny prob with my E4OD for a couple months now - slipping/shudder from start only. I was under the impression my forward clutch seal rings on the pump stator support were worn and leaking/shot.

Trying to decide which rout to go. I reset my comp after cleaning the MAF and the reseting has caused my slipping issue to go away. I'm thinking this may be temporary or an electrical problem.

I've heard that a simple flushing can resolve this issue , but it doesn't make sense to me. I've also read that a Factory Tech valve body or shift kit would cure the problem and really improve my shift points. I have 200 thousand on this trans so I can't really call them "shift points" any more - I think the points have been rounded big time lol.

Come DEC first I'm going to replace with a Jasper build if warranted. The slipping is much worse after getting off the highway and it never slips when cold.

Another thing that puzzles me is that my tranny when checked shows that it's overfilled ? That's new..

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 11-05-2006, 12:17 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Well , It took 4 days of reading every chance I got , but I finally found out why my trans fluid shows to be overfilled - asked twice here , no-one answered . I guess it's coolant leaking from within the radiator that's contaminating. Haven't herd back about a Factory tech valve body or shift kit as a possible cure to a slippage problem - I thought i read that it was- I 'll scrap that idea , It's blowing seals now anyway - I guess I found out to late on trans overfilling issue - I should have drained some out right away . I didn't know , that's why I kept asking - not a trans guy ..yet , working on it lol

Quick Reply: Forward clutch rings/stator support?