Had an irritating experience

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2003, 09:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had an irritating experience

I've invested in my truck's transmission. I decided about 3,000 mi. ago to switch to Redline D4 ATF...about a $100 investment in fluid alone. Recently while having body work done on my truck, while replacing the tranny cooler, they topped my ATF off with a cheap after market brand. Concidering there is over 11 qrts of fluid in the tranny/torque conv...should I be **** and drain all the fluid and start again with Redline? Will one quart make that much difference?

Old 01-20-2003, 09:35 PM
MF,

I think you should be ok, unless it was a different type of fluid. If it was the same rating as the redline it should be ok. I would bitch though and tell them you have special synthetic fluid in the tranny and it's not compatible and see if they'll buck up and buy you a couple of cases.

John

Old 01-23-2003, 12:30 AM
JBRIII- made a phone call and found out that it wasn't too late to drop off a couple qrts of ATF after all! They told me that fluid check is the last thing they do, so I lucked out. Thanks for the advice, though. I would have been a little ticked if they messed with my Redline ATF!

Quick Reply: Had an irritating experience