USB download?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 07:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
USB download?

New member here with a new 12' screw EBoost and love it. Curious if I can download music off my flash drive onto the harddrive? I previously had a Caddilac SRX which allowed me to download off the my flash drive and just curious about it on this system. Mine's the Platinum Edition with SONY if that makes any difference. Tried but not happening....

Old 02-10-2013, 10:54 PM
I am not sure you can download music on these things. I have never been able to. I just use an ipod wired into the glove box. Never take it out.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:02 AM
It's ridiculous that we can't but confirmed we can't through dealer. My previous vehicle, Cadillac SRX, I could download to the hard drive. It takes a lot longer to download my music library from home computer with only CD's...

Old 02-27-2013, 08:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not unless something has changed. For some stupid reason Ford/Microsoft went bananas with the copyright protection with the Sync system. Since they can not prove the music hasn't been illegally downloaded they will not let you load it into the system.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by Wookie
Not unless something has changed. For some stupid reason Ford/Microsoft went bananas with the copyright protection with the Sync system. Since they can not prove the music hasn't been illegally downloaded they will not let you load it into the system.
That doesn't make much sense because you can download from a CD...just not a flash drive! I think they just screwed it up. I traded in my SRX because I had many issues with it and I was nearing the end of my factory warranty. One thing that worked well and better than ford was their infotainment system. The radio volume would automatically lower when their nav system talked to you and this one doesn't, when you first start the vehicle and put it in reverse their rear view camera came on almost instantly unlike the Sony system where I have to wait about 30 seconds or more for everything to boot up if I want to see the rear camera view. I like my F150 but just pointing out they could have done a better job especially on these Platinums with the Sony system....

Quick Reply: USB download?