new tires/now pulls to left

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2002, 01:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new tires/now pulls to left

Got a new set of p255 r70 bridgestone dueller ht's the other day on my 99 f150 4x4 157" wb. I immediately noticed that the truck now pulls to the left where it didn't prior to new tires. Old tires seemed to be wearing evenly and drove straight. Tire pressure ok. balance ok. Everything else seems to be fine.

Why would this be??

Those guys (tires plus) wouldn't have screwed with my alignment now would they??

Thanks,
Randy

Old 10-27-2002, 02:38 PM
I will try to give you my input the best I can. I am NO tire expert so I may get this a bit wrong. I had that problem with a Camaro I had years ago. What happen was one of the front tires had something to do with the belts inside seperating, or something like that which cased it to pull hard left. Since I didn't believe what the guy was telling me he switched to two front tires and told me to drive down the road and right back. I did and it pulled hard right just as he said it would.

He also told me that with that condition you could have a tire blow out so I would get it checked ASAP. You may just have a bad tire. I don't see why they would mess with your alignment. If your tires pressures are equal on both sides it should NOT pull to one side unless there is other suspension problems. From what you said it was fine when you took it in. You could always try switching the two front tires and see if it pulls the other way, if it does then it will be because of the tire being bad.

Good luck, don't know if that is the problem but I would get it checked right away, and until you do I wouldn't be driving any high speeds.

Old 10-28-2002, 07:03 PM
You might just need an alignment. I know that happened to me one time when i had just gotten new tires. Got an alignment and solved the problem.

Quick Reply: new tires/now pulls to left