Wheels for a 6" RCD Lift

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2002, 06:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Wheels for a 6" RCD Lift

I have a RCD 6" lift on its way to me. I want to put 33x12.50 BFG Mud-Terrains aon it with 16x8 wheels. I do not want the wheels to stick out, but rather them be tall and skinny. I am going to make the truck look like a prerunner. What kind of backspacing do you guys think I should use?

Old 07-10-2002, 02:20 AM
As close to a zero as you can get...IF you want them to stay tucked under...um...i think that prolly between -1.75 and 0 would work well...but thats kind of a guess...i just remember when i was looking that most 8" wheels are somewhere in that range i believe. You can't make an 8" wheel too deep of backspacing anyways, so i'd say you'd be fine. I personally wouldn't go with something like the Hellcats tho', cause the 8" run a positive offset i believe, and although they tuck the wheel under the fender really far, they honestly tuck it under too far...not even a prerunner look. Like a passenger wheel. I'd say something like a 16x8 nitro, or um, even a baja isnt very deep...my friend has 305/70R16s on 16x8s and he's got a prerunner and all that good stuff...he has a tundra, but i mean, it looks pretty prerunner-y...its a nice combo...hope this helps...

Old 07-10-2002, 04:01 PM
Thanks

Appreciate the input. I am going to go with the American Racing Baja. My friend has a relative who works for discout tire and he is trying to get me a discount.(fingers crossed) You don't happen to have any pictures of your friend's Tundra do you? I am trying to get ideas about what I want to do still.

Old 07-13-2002, 12:16 PM
Wink tires &wheels

i have 16.5 x9.75 on 35 bf goodrich tires, i didnt want much sticking out of the tire fenders either, my backspacing was
4 and quarter.
ron

Quick Reply: Wheels for a 6" RCD Lift