Lowered Expedition

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2002, 08:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Lowered Expedition

Ok guys, I just got back to a Blue Oval after 9 long months in an 01 Grand Cherokee. I sell for a local Ford Dealer and I was able to D Plan an 02 Expy for REALLY CHEAP! Here is the baby...I want to lower it and put 20's on it. I am thinking about 4/4 or 4/6. Whats going to be the best way?

Old 07-01-2002, 10:09 PM
Wow, haven't seen you around for a while.

How is Village about mod's? I've been buying parts there (and paying retail + 45% I think) but I have a real bad memory of way back when it was a"another" dealer in the late 80's.

By the way, 4/6? Wow, you really do want to lower it! I'll have to look for it once you do.

Old 07-01-2002, 10:42 PM
Well, I have been out of the game for about 9 months since I traded in my 99 F-150 on a 01 Grand Cherokee...WHAT A MISTAKE!!! So, I came to my senses and got back to Ford and got an Expy.

I am not sure how Ford Country service is about mods and things like that, but I am good with a service advisor so he would probably be helpful to know in the future should something come up.

Yeah, I want it fairly low, but thats nothing new for me. I used to own a custom shop in California before I moved to Dallas. I am just not sure how the easiest way to do this will be. I never lowered an Expy when we were open, mainly worked on imports.

So here I go...looking to get it done. If you need anything from Ford Country....let me know!

Steve Levi is my name!

Old 07-02-2002, 08:54 PM
drop it

I have the Bel Tech 2"-2" on my X with the nitro active shocks and like it. I am running 18" with 295/45/18 Proxies. It is subtle but looks good. I know that Bel Tech makes a 3-3 but don't know if anyone makes one lower than that. I did quite a bit of research and don't remember seeing anything. So Cal was coming out with some other kits you might want to check with them.

Old 07-03-2002, 01:25 AM
Heir...got any pics?

Old 07-03-2002, 01:56 AM
i know you can get the 4 inch drop out of the front with control arms and springs.but the back im not sure about,you may have to bag the back to get 6 in the rear or some other custom setup.

djm suspension makes a 4/4 drop and it looks good.it uses control arms and springs in front and a four inch spring in back.

http://www.djmsuspension.com/Images/...Expedition.jpg

Old 07-04-2002, 01:10 AM
i think a 4/6 drop on an expy would look kinda odd being that they sit level to begin with. and a lot of expys out there sag in the back really bad after a while.

Quick Reply: Lowered Expedition