shackles vs hangers vs blocks, 2" rear drop

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2002, 12:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shackles vs hangers vs blocks, 2" rear drop

Another rear-leveling post, sorry. From my searches the shackles seem to be a good way to go, but haven't seen much input about using blocks or hangers. Just want 2" of drop without changing shocks, or anything else, and the only future mod might be a rear sway bar. Any discernible pros/cons with each of these methods? They're all pretty cheap, so price isn't a concern. Also, most parts are listed for 97-01's(probably due to not updating catalogs). Is there anything different about the 02's in regards to mounting? Thanks for any, and all, replies. This forum has been a great help to me since getting my truck(first full-size) two months ago.

2002 white F-150 standard cab, short-bed w/sport appearance pkg.
-Flowmaster cat-back
-K&N
-Superchip

Old 05-31-2002, 08:54 AM
Shackle are the easiest way to go since they bolt on and bolt off. Hangers will have to be cut off and then punch out the revits holding it on. Blocks unless you plan on lifting your truck blocks will not work. Because your leaf springs are on top of your axle and if you use blocks then it would raise it. In some other trucks the leaf springs are under the axle then lower blocks can be used.

As far as your rear sway only if you go lower than 2 inch will yo have to get shoter end links for it. And you will not have to replace any shocks if you are only going 2".

I belive the 97-02 use the smae shackle/Hanger setup.

Old 05-31-2002, 01:12 PM
i say shackles. if you have a couple jack stands, a jacl and common hand tools you can do it yourself in an hour or less

Old 05-31-2002, 09:34 PM
Many thanks. Those were the concerns I was interested in hearing about. -Jeff

Quick Reply: shackles vs hangers vs blocks, 2" rear drop