Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2002, 08:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Need Help!

I have a broken front shock on my 02 S'crew, and nobody in the UK can supply replacements, as they do not yet have parts lists for the 02 model year. I can have them sent from the US, but this will take 2 weeks, and my front offside is locked up solid, so I would rather not wait.
Can anyone tell me 1) what the part number is, or 2) If the shocks are the same as the 01 model, or 3) What 'after market' shocks could be fitted which will do the same job, or better? It is a 4.6 with 2WD
Thanks,
Hughie

Old 04-07-2002, 04:07 PM
Hughie-

First, I have to say that your dealer doesn't sound real bright IMO. They could easily take your shock off and replace it with a previous year; a 2001 as you said. A monkey should be able to analyze this situation and compare the two. If the monkeys fail, call 1-734-384-7804. This is a well know company called Rancho; they make far superior products. If you switch shock types (which many company's make), replace both front ones.

Old 04-08-2002, 02:12 AM
Thanks for the response Max. I'd pretty much decided that even though I dont have the part numbers, the shocks are probably the same as the 01 model. The dealers here dont know, as they are importers only, and though there are a number of parts suppliers, Ford have not yet released parts lists for the 02 model, so I have some sympathy with them. As the shocks had done 12.000 miles, I will replace both anyway.
Regards,
Hughie