flip kits

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2002, 11:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flip kits

Hey, Im a new member here, and ive got a question. I was wondering what goes into a rear flip kit, and whether or not they last and are worth the time. I have a 93 f150( yes i know its older, buy when you 17, its the kind of truck in my price range), and I was planning to use DJM suspension 3"/5" lowering kit with the drop ibeams and the rear flip kit. If anyone was any input concerning this kit, and what kinda shocks i should use, I would love it, thanks!!

Last edited by 5.0flareside; 03-22-2002 at 11:57 PM.
Old 03-25-2002, 12:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey there and welcome,

The flip kit is just what it says it is. You get the brackets to remount the axle on top of the springs instead of below them. Yes, it works great I have know many people to go this route when lowering without any problems. I have a 3/4 kit on my truck but do plan on going with a 5/6 very soon and will be flipping the axle. You should not have any problems other than the axle might make contact with the frame so you will need to c-notch the frame probably. Even though your truck is an older one it looks to be in nice shape and I think would look tough with the drop that you described . Best of luck to you

Quick Reply: flip kits