Torsion Bars & lift blocks? New Tires...

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2002, 03:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Torsion Bars & lift blocks? New Tires...

2001 4X4 ORP, done about 4 turns on the ol' torsion bars. I hear stock height from license plate bottom to ground is 19", I'm now at 20 1/2" I still have about 1/2 of my torsion bar bolts though, so I could go heigher, but was afraid to. Could / Should I crank them a little more and add lifting blocks to the stock blocks or replace them in the rear leafs for more height? Just for looks of course. I also need to know what size tires I should run "as is". I hear 33" x 12.50 x 17" will work fine, but I don't do any off-roading and would hate to lose much more power. I guess what I'm really after is a little taller and a LOT wider....wide as I can fit w/o rubbing. Which tires? (Something that will last.) Thanks!!!

-AR

Old 03-13-2002, 06:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have 4" blocks in the back to replace the stock 2" blocks. But that will not increase load capacity for the rear. Well, lemme rephrase...adding an add-a-leaf will increase the amount you can stick in your bed without sagging. Blocks will not do this, so i recommend add-a-leafs. But i got the blocks used from a friend for $25. So thats why i did it that way.

Quick Reply: Torsion Bars & lift blocks? New Tires...