Body Lift install cost

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2002, 09:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Body Lift install cost

I went to the local off road shop/store today to get prices on body lift and insallation. I can order lift from 4 Wheel Parts for $150 but I do not have the time or a location to put it on myself. They quoted me $450 in labor to put it on, this sounded very high to me, is this about right our are they wanting to much? Either way I will not pay this much and just try to squeze in time to do it myself. Is this a big job? What can I expect if I try to do this on my own with no garage and poor working conditions (outside on a slight hill in gravel).

Thanks in advance for the input.

Old 03-10-2002, 02:18 PM
In a Shop With Air Tools and Everything else imagineable ( Exception being a Lift ) it took me a 2 other guys about 16-18 hours to do mine.

450 Doesn't seem too high when You factor that Time and KNowhow in.

Now granted my Next one will probably go much faster but This is your first.

Old 03-11-2002, 12:22 AM
cost of the body lift-$150
cost of bandaids for cut knuckles-$5
cost of the beer and pizza for lunch break-$25
time spent with your buds learning all about your truck-priceless!

my two cents. mitch
by the way it only took me and my brother about 7 hours to do mine. its pretty damn easy. i dont see why they charge so much. $450/7 hours=$64 an hour/2 guys=$32 an hour per person. reasonable?? i dont know. i would think a shop could do it in less time than that considering that was our first one and we did it in 7 hours. ok done. my $.04

Last edited by r6racer; 03-11-2002 at 12:28 AM.
Old 03-13-2002, 08:55 AM
hog
there is a place in dewey oklahoma that charged me $140 to install a 3" body lift on my 1997 flareside 4x4. i bought my pa lift at www.central4wd.com for $122. not bad if your not to far away.

Old 03-14-2002, 02:18 PM
kev
It took me 15-16 hours spread through one weekend by myself to install mine. This is not including some of the finishing touches that I did later down the road such as aligning the front and rear bumpers a little better and reinstalling the back seat, kickboards, etc., installing the bedliner, and of course cleaning out the whole truck.

I would think $450 is a good price considering the time involved. Would I pay it? Nope probably not but I enjoy taking on big tasks like this, makes me feel better about my vehicle knowing that I did all of the mods and repairs. I would have used the $450 towards a suspension lift if I would have had it. However I heard the suspension lifts are even harder to install. Lots of stubborn bolts in your suspension system.

The body lift doesn't need any special tools besides a T-47 bit, a dremel, 1/2" breaker bar, and two jacks. I had air tools but my cheap impact gun wouldn't even budge the body mounts bolts anyways. So the air tools only helped with the smaller bolts. I used my 3 ton pole jack to lift up the cabin and a small hydraulic bottle jack laying on the back tire to lift the bed. The bed was so light it could have been lifted by hand.

Old 03-14-2002, 03:55 PM
I was just quoted $350 for installation down here in South Florida.

Old 03-14-2002, 04:24 PM
Thanks for all the replys have decided to spend the $450 on other mods like a new grill and exaust.

Quick Reply: Body Lift install cost