Lowering an EXPO

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2002, 11:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lowering an EXPO

Just got my rims, and I want to lower my truck a couple of inches, does anyone know if this can be done at home? Or do I have to go to a local shop in order to complete this job?

I have a 4X2 EXPO

Old 03-02-2002, 08:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Expy Drop

I had my '98 dropped 2" with the Bel Tech kit and was planning on doing at home with the help of a friend, but he ended up moving away and all my other buds are not into tools and such. I did not want to wait so I had a mobile mechanic do it for me. It took him about 5 hours and charged me $170.00 which I thought was a bargin. The only other expense was to have the front end aligned. I had to get a caster/camber kit to get it aligned right. the stock bolt ran out of adjustemt. that was an additional $165.00 installed with alignment.

I also installed front sway bar bushings from energy suspension, and just installed the Hellwig rear today. That along with the 18" wheels and the 295/45/18 Toyo Proxies the handles increadible well. I also had a transgo shift kit installed by a local shop and I installed a Gibson cat back. The truck is really fun to drive. Did I mention that it handled great? Yeah Baby!

Quick Reply: Lowering an EXPO