Ball Joints and Stuff

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 06:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ball Joints and Stuff

Man, it's always somethin!!! Had a pretty good wobble in the steering wheel when hitting certain bumps. It started sfter my last alignment so I took it in to get it checked. Bad lower ball joints! Guess I can't complain, 155,XXX on OE lowers with my lift and big tires. But it's always something. While doing the job, found a bad boot on an outer tie rod and a bad boot on the right upper ball joint. Joints still good, but probably just a matter of time. Also thought the pitman arm was bad as there was some very apparent up and down movement of the joint when turning the wheel. Closer inspection revealed that the splined shaft coming out of the steering gearbox has some verticle play. You can move it up and done (picture going into and out of the housing). No slop or lateral movement, so letting it slide for now, just had never noticed it before. You guys seen this one Before? . I bought one of those dummy dust cobblers for thr upper joint, but I don't think that's gonna hold up. We'll see.

Old 03-28-2015, 07:26 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Idler arm is probably toast too

Quick Reply: Ball Joints and Stuff