New Leveling Kit help

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 05:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New Leveling Kit help

Ok so i put on a leveling kit over the weekend....well by directions it says just hit the upper control arm and it should seperate ...well it didnt...so i had to buy a control arm seperater....(no problem) thing came apart....with ease....but......i ripped the rubber gasket that surrounds my bushing in my control arm, just on the driver side...the other side came off fine with some liquid wrench????

ANY IDEAS?? do i need to replace the whole unit....it aintl ike a fortune...100.00 or so.....but....if its not that big of deal then im not doing it right this minute.

Thanks guys ill post some pics....soon!!

Old 03-24-2009, 06:14 PM
I did the exact same thing! Tried to silicone ball joint after it got torn, and then injected grease into it. My advice- replace it now, while you still have all the tools out, and it will go a lot easier.

Old 03-24-2009, 06:21 PM
god that pissed me off!!! but oh well live and learn!

Old 03-27-2009, 01:50 PM
Mnponds, Hey i went down to my mechanic, he told me...1st i could leave it then replace it in a year or so when u can hear it getting bad, but he said instead of spending the 100 or so bucks he told me just get some grease, and some electrical tape...jack it up, grease the hell out of it then tape the hell out of it, he said even if i wanted to get some rubber glue, it may last forever and will save me 90 bones...im not sure what u did but its an idea!!

Originally Posted by mnponds
I did the exact same thing! Tried to silicone ball joint after it got torn, and then injected grease into it. My advice- replace it now, while you still have all the tools out, and it will go a lot easier.

Quick Reply: New Leveling Kit help