A question about shocks for the 2wd guys.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 10:23 PM
smv
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A question about shocks for the 2wd guys.

I have a 2007 F150 Supercrew Lariat 5'5" bed that has the Ford 20" wheels (and Scorpion Pirellis) and stock shocks on it. Has anyone with this same configuration put Bilsteins on? My truck rides like a covered wagon. The Bilsteins are on sale right now 4 for the price of 3. I would like to hear from a 2wd F150 driver that has actually put these on his/her truck. I'm looking at the "plain" blue/yellow HD shocks. If that doesn't cure the problem the next step would be 18" wheels. The truck has ridden like this since new, it's just getting old.

Thanks,

Steve

Old 03-10-2009, 12:17 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
WOW...if you think that truck rides like a covered wagon, god forbid you ever have to drive a pre-'04!! Anyways, if you think stock is too firm for ya, then Bilsteins most likely not the shock for you. They're not teeth rattling, but they are a very firm, controlled ride. They are meant to be a performance shock, not transform your ride into a caddilac. Like I told a guy in another thread looking for a soft ride, they will completely transform the ride and handling of your truck, but plush they are not!

Old 03-10-2009, 03:41 AM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
With these, you should be able to adjust the ride height and firmness.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
I will be able to tell you more about the Bilsteins on a 4x2 in a few weeks, Mine are due to arrive Thursday. One thing, the 4 for the price of 3 is for "selected" shocks and I found that the ones for the 4x2 were not "selected". The best price I found was from www.allshocks.com. They are part of Turner Motorsports.

Quick Reply: A question about shocks for the 2wd guys.