Shock Choice: Like Baskin Robbins!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Shock Choice: Like Baskin Robbins!!

I need some help making a choice on my shocks.... I've currently got a set of Rancho RSX's on it, and they're about 6 years old with 40,000 miles, and they're shot. The truck is pretty much a weekend driver year-round, and pulls double-duty as our camper hauler. It's not a heavy camper (3500 lb popup) but we're getting an excessive amount of bounce from the trailer transmitted back through the truck. Given the age of the shocks, and the current poor ride quality they're exhibiting, it's time for new ones.

I wasn't unhappy with the RSX's when they were new, but I'm not thrilled with the fact that they only lasted 20,000 miles before the ride quality went to cr----err got bad. As with all things automotive, you get what you pay for, and it doesn't appear $50/shock gets me the quality I desire.

So, what would you guys suggest for a high-quality heavy-duty shock? Edelbrock IAS Performer? KYB Gas Adjust Performance? KYB Monomax? Bilstein BST Heavy-Duty? Monroe Reflex? Monroe Reflex Monotubes?? I'm so confused by the wide array of choices... Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?I'm all ears!!

-Joe

Quick Reply: Shock Choice: Like Baskin Robbins!!