Lower than 3 inch coil drop 99 F150

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 09:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lower than 3 inch coil drop 99 F150

I've got a belltech 3-4 kit on my 99 F150 and after driving about 50K miles and 6 years with uncorrected camber, I'm finally tired of eating through my tires.

I just bought new wheels/tires and the other day I installed the cam bolts that I bought 6 years ago and went to get an alignment, but my buddy showed me that one of my lower ball joints is getting a little play. So I just ordered new Moog upper control arms, new lower ball joints, and this weekend I'm going to install it all.

My question....I'm thinking of pulling the 3 inch drop springs up front and cutting a little bit of the coil off. Not much...hopefully enough to get another inch out of it. I'm starting to wonder if I will be able to get an alignment afterward though with just the cam bolts in the upper control arm.

I adjusted the camber in my driveway closer to where the wheels should be and had to rotate the cam bolts nearly all the way out. But I don't recall if there is an adjustment on the lower control arm, or some other way for the shop to align this thing?

I really want to lower the front another inch, but not sure if I want to do it if it'll mean no way to get aligned now. Any thoughts?

Micah

Quick Reply: Lower than 3 inch coil drop 99 F150