Leveling '06 F1504x4SC

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 07:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leveling '06 F1504x4SC

Looking for clarification on leveling an '06 4x4 super crew please. Will a coil spacer provide same quality level as strut extension? Got a good deal (impulse buy) recently on explorer pro comp 2.5" coil spacer from 4WP, but have since been second guessing and reading more about strut extensions by Ready Lift 2.5" or even Superlift 3.0" Level It kits. Also been reading about ride height adjustable shocks. Is one really highter quality than the other?

Second, I know the stock shocks should be replaced all the way around anyway to improve ride quality but was first looking to level and or increase front end height with larger tires. Will adding the aftermarket shocks with the the level kit aversely affect the suspension system by increasing angles and thus causing more harm? Thanks in advance

Old 08-03-2008, 08:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've never seen a strut extension. But it sounds like it would do the same thing basically as a coilspring spacer. The aftermarket Bilstien or Rancho shocks with adjustable preload are the best solution, but you cannot run a spacer with them to achieve more lift. Also, most everyone has found out and agreed that 2.5 inches is the limit for a leveling kit. Stay away from any 3 inch leveling kit whether it's a spacer or an aftermarket coilover shock. It's just too much lift without dropdown brackets.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:03 AM
I agree with wandell I went with a 2"skyjacker leveling kit...it took me and a buddy an hour to instal toddlers while watching 2 t and clear 33x12.5 with no rubbing with a 18x9 wheel with 5.71" backspacing

Old 08-04-2008, 04:20 AM
Do you know if the poly coil spacers, installed within the assembly on top of a compressed spring, will result in a less responsive or "mushy" ride. Or will the other type, the all steel spacer, installed on top of the strut assembly provide better response? I guess this type does not require any sping compression for installation. Thanks again. Also, what input would you have about aftermarket shocks. Seems like ProComp always has some pretty good package deals. Is there really that much difference between brands?

Old 08-04-2008, 08:36 AM
Originally Posted by ocdf150owner
Do you know if the poly coil spacers, installed within the assembly on top of a compressed spring, will result in a less responsive or "mushy" ride. Or will the other type, the all steel spacer, installed on top of the strut assembly provide better response? I guess this type does not require any sping compression for installation. Thanks again. Also, what input would you have about aftermarket shocks. Seems like ProComp always has some pretty good package deals. Is there really that much difference between brands?
I had the 2'' AS and they did a decent job but the stock shocks are garbage, kill 2 birds with one stone and get the Bilstein leveling shocks you wont be sorry. Plus handling will improve dramaticly.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree. If you think you want new shocks, go ahead and get the Bilstiens and kill two birds with one stone. Also, as to you question about the two types of leveling kits, Daystar and Skyjacker have redesigned their leveling kits and both now bolt onto the top of the coilover shock like the Autospring kits.

Quick Reply: Leveling '06 F1504x4SC