Ran Into A Bump

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 05:40 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ran Into A Bump

This is my first post. I have been reading and viewing the site for over 6 months though. I would just like to thank all of you in advance for helping me out in the near future. But i am posting because i ran into a little bump in the road. I have a 2004 SCREW with a pro-comp stage I lift on it. So i have the 6in spacers in front and 3in blocks in back, but the back wheel well has 2in less of a gap in the back than the front. I was sick of the pre-runner look and i wanted to go higher anyways. So i ordered up a pair of adjustable bilstein 5100's and they came in the mail today. I went to 4wheel parts yesterday and they ordered me up 5in fabtech blocks to swap out with my 3in pro-comp blocks. (to cancel out the sag) Then to get the extra 2in lift they ordered me a AAL. But the wrong ones because they only have one whole in the middle instead of two. (i think thats the older model leaf spring kit) So everything sounded good and it was going to work. But the employee at 4wheelparts called today and said that the fabtech blocks only work with fabtech leafs. cause they also only have one whole, not two. So my question is to all the people with lifts and bilsteins, or anyone who is just going big. what is the best solution to fix my problem. I know it would be best to just sell my pro-comp and go with a rize or rcd but i really wanted to not go with a different lift. Also i didnt really want to consider a body lift. Any input on what to do to lift the rear up or anywhere that sells some rear lifted leaf springs or maybe 5inch blocks. i dont offroad except to take my dirtbike out, but nothing rough so blocks are fine. But they didnt offer alternatives at 4wheelparts he just kept my account open and told me to call him when i know if i still want the AAL by itself or what. thanks again.

Old 07-09-2008, 06:08 PM
Welcome.

Sound like they have the wrong block. The Fabtech block is a dual pin design and works with any type of dual pin leaf pack.

Old 07-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Dont worry I took care of it. I did alot of resourcing and calling around at work. Turned out the people at 4wheelparts dont know as much as i would have hoped they knew. I called up almost all major suspension companies and started asking questions. And when i finally called fabtech to see what the deal was, they didnt know what the guys at 4wheelparts were talking about. They make blocks for the new body style f150's with the two holes on the leaf springs. and they also make the 5inch ones that 4wheel told me they didnt make. so i got part numbers and actually found them on 4wheelparts website. So i called them back up and told them everything. Them he actually used his computer system this time and found them, and even said that pro-comp makes them too. But its a 5.5inch lift block. So i ordered them up. But why wouldnt he have put forth the extra effort to get on his computer and look for it for me. So pretty much i did his job. paid them. and i have to install it on cause they wont stack a AAL with a block kit. Even though they told me as long as they are the same brand they will do it. Maybe its time to find somewhere else to get my supplies from. thanks you guys though

Old 07-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow! 4Wheel Parts was really on it today!

Old 07-09-2008, 09:43 PM
^^ haha i agree

Quick Reply: Ran Into A Bump