drive shaft

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 08:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drive shaft

ya i was driving along the other day on a dirt road and a deer happened to jump out in front of my and i locked up my breaks and as i did that my back end started to hop really bad well when i finally came to a stop i tried to start driving again well my truck wouldnt move didnt know why until i hoped out of my truck and saw it my drive shaft hanging from my rear end...well i called up my buddy to come meet up with me and we went and grabbed my trailer (which was a little small) ill have picks of that ....and we put my truck up on the trailer, drove up to advance disconnected the driveshaft from the rear slid it back into the transfer case and then re-attached it to the rear...

Now i need to ask is there anything i should check or do i didnt see any cracks in the transfer case or on the drive shaft i just beleive my drive shaft may be short due to the added suspension lift any info would be apprecitaed

Old 06-18-2008, 01:04 AM
Suspended
Yes it's too short. I wouldn't doubt that you've leaked transmission fluid out of the tail shaft of the transfer case. I had the Rize 8" with Kings cranked to 10" of lift and 37 Nitto MGs. I had to have a custom driveshaft built, I'd do it. I'd also check your transmission fluid. Also it'd be a good idea to resize your signature, it's way too big. The limit here is 500x100.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:55 PM
HAh sounds like what happend to me i just got my truck out of the shop, had to replace my gears, drive shaft, break roters, ball joints and a list of other stuff, i drop 1800 bucks, sucks

Old 06-19-2008, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by f150monster232
HAh sounds like what happend to me i just got my truck out of the shop, had to replace my gears, drive shaft, break roters, ball joints and a list of other stuff, i drop 1800 bucks, sucks
why ball joints and drive shaft? how many miles on your truck? i am assuming the 37s tore the ball joints up.

Quick Reply: drive shaft