Suggetions on Shocks and Leveling Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 01:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suggetions on Shocks and Leveling Kit

I have some questions I'm sure ya'll could point me in the right directions on. I have a 2003 F150 XL 4x2 4.2L Supercab. It have no big mods to it at this time. I have 16x8 ProComp Steel RockCrawl Black rims, wraped with 285/65/R16 BFG ATs. I have air bags on the rear suspension for a smother ride and to help with heavy loads. My questions are:

1)What are some good shocks for the front? Ones that will work later after installing a leveling kit and before it's instaled. I want ones a little beefy but not an arm and a leg.

2) What's a good brand for a leveling kit?

3)What's a good price for the front shocks in question 1?

4)What's a good price for a leveling kit in question 2?

5)What's size of leveling kit?

Thanks for your time.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd suggest Bilstien shocks and a Daystar leveling kit. With the leveling kit, you are limited to 2 inches of lift. Any more and you will not be able to get the alignment within specs without longer upper control arms. I'm not sure on cost.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey man, just did the same thing with my truck. I used a Rough Country leveling coil. I took it to get aligned and it was out by 3 degrees. They used a cam kit and fixed the problem. The coils cost about 135. I also put a pro comp aal in the rear, cost $150. The coils ride like factory, or you can go the spacer route. A Daystar spacer cost b/t $89 and $100, depending where you get them from. My sig has the pic before the aal. I am gonna update the pic soon to my new and improved ride.

Quick Reply: Suggetions on Shocks and Leveling Kit