Now That She's Lowered

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 10:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now That She's Lowered

I just had my 2007 F150 Lariat 4X4 Supercab lowered with a Ground Force 2” front/3”Rear kit. I love the look and the new ride is awesome. I don’t know if it’s me or if it is really a whole new feeling behind the wheel. My concerns lie in the 2 areas, 1. On the occasional run that I’m caring a heavy load (rear end sag) and 2. When I’m towing my race car to the track, If it will handle the car and trailer. Has anyone done any of these after having there ride lowered?

Old 05-12-2008, 05:28 PM
First off, you need some pix up. You might want to look into these http://www.supersprings.com/productguide.asp they will help you from sagging to much and give you more stability on the road when loaded. They have a design that doesn't effect your ride until the bed is loaded. I don't have any experience with a lowered truck, but they work great on my lifted truck.

Last edited by Big50; 05-12-2008 at 05:29 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Suspended
Add a swear sway bar...the trucks have them in the front stock, and really benefit from one out back. Also, helper bags like suggested should help for towing.

Ground Force makes an Air Shock too that I personally used, but I did not tow with it. I spoke with the owner's son in person on many occasions (GF used my truck for a show) and he said he tows with his GF Air Shocks.

Old 05-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by frmjersey
I just had my 2007 F150 Lariat 4X4 Supercab lowered with a Ground Force 2” front/3”Rear kit. I love the look and the new ride is awesome. I don’t know if it’s me or if it is really a whole new feeling behind the wheel. My concerns lie in the 2 areas, 1. On the occasional run that I’m caring a heavy load (rear end sag) and 2. When I’m towing my race car to the track, If it will handle the car and trailer. Has anyone done any of these after having there ride lowered?

I assume front coils and rear leafs? If so the Super Springs will work for you. I had 3"/5" and just took it off for the whole towing/load carrying reason. Couldn't put a normal sized (200lb) person in the back without bottoming out. My rear was a flip kit so I couldn't do anything at all. Looked awesome rode like crap!!!

Quick Reply: Now That She's Lowered