Help! All I need is 2"!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! All I need is 2"!

How's it going guys, I'm new here and was hoping you could help me.

I just bought a 94 150 4x. It has a stock suspension setup I believe. The rear sits a few inches higher that the rear for hauling I assume.
I would like to level it out to the current height of the rear. I don't have much of a budget for this, and have done some research. I've seen the 2" pucks or discs you can install under the front coil springs, but have heard some negative feedback about this route.

Have my stock springs just started to sag- If I buy some new OEM coil springs will it raise it up?
Can you reccomend the best way to do level the front of my truck without breaking the bank, or comprimising the integrity of the stock setup?

1 more question- (I used to have a late 80's Bronco which did the same thing) When I put the vehicle in reverse, the camber gets awful and the front of the truck sags even worse, until I start to drive forward again then it returns to the regular height. What's up with this? Or is it normal?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Old 11-12-2007, 12:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You can buy Daystar coilspring spacers or you can go with a 2 inch lift coil. Either will work. I've heard the TTB trucks are a pain to align and keep in alignment. I believe a couple of the suspension companies make a special camber kit for your truck (Rough Country maybe?).

Old 11-12-2007, 12:28 PM
Hmmm cool thanks.

So I've looked for the actaul 2" lift springs but can't seem to sort out the correct ones from all the others. Any suggestions on where to look?

Do you think in adding 2" I'll need to get longer shocks, brake lines, etc?

Old 11-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You shouldn't need anything with just 2 inches of lift. Try looking at 4 Wheel Parts website. THey carry products by all the major manufacturers.

Old 11-12-2007, 12:43 PM
Thanks there's one here in Seattle.

Originally Posted by wandell
You shouldn't need anything with just 2 inches of lift. Try looking at 4 Wheel Parts website. THey carry products by all the major manufacturers.

Old 11-12-2007, 02:01 PM
Any idea as to what's happening to the front end when I reverse?