Loose feel to my truck?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 08:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loose feel to my truck?????

I have a 2004 Ford F-150 FX4 Supercrew. It is nearing 66,000 miles on it. I just recently added a 2.5" AS leveling kit and a PA 3" body lift and finished it off with 17" Moto Metal and a set of 35 x 12.50 - 17 **** Cepek Mud Country tires. My truck is begining to feel more "loose" as I drive it. Like small chatter bumps and rougher roads make the truck feel twitchy and somewhat loose. I am thinking it might be time for some new shocks?? If this is the case what shocks would anyone reccomend? Or is there something else that could be causing this prob? Thanks for any input.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:40 AM
Body mounts might be loose. Body lifts are famous for loosening the bolts because of the added pressure from the hieght of the body itself from the frame.
Your suppose to check the mounts regularly and also re torque them after a certain time period from installation. I believe the leveling kit should also should be checked/ re torqued after a certain time period of installation. Check with the companies you got the kits from, and do searches on here and the internet.

Old 11-02-2007, 11:13 AM
The bolts from each of the kits have been checked to make sure they didn't come loose. I followed the instructions on checking and re-torquing them.

Quick Reply: Loose feel to my truck?????