Gap guards

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 11:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gap guards

I'm think of putting a 3" body lift on my '04 SCrew 4x4. I'd like a 6" suspension lift but can't afford it anytime soon. What would you guys recommend for a lift kit? I was thinking PA, I've read a few guys that have it really like it. Anyways, I'm getting off topic of my post. Does the PA gap guard kit cover up all the spaces? I don't want it to be noticeable at all that it's a body lift, rather than suspension. I have nerf bars under the doors to kinda cover that, but otherwise there isn't anything else. Will I have to raise the front and rear bumpers to cover gaps? I've seen pics of guys getting their hitches raised to reduce gap and it looks pretty good.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:40 AM
PA is the best BL kit on the market, comes with everything you need.

Gap Guards need to be purchased seperately, but do a great job of not only covering the hole between the body and the frame, but if you off road, they will cut down on the amount of mud that gets kicked onto your engine.

You will have to raise the front and rear bumpers, but the kit comes with the brackets.

Haven't heard of having the hitch raised, but the kit for my 03 is different than the one you would need for your 04. I did move my trailer light assembly up though to clean it up.

Hiope this helps.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nooq has his hitch raised on the 04+ year truck. The fabbed up brackets for it. Looks awesome!

Old 10-17-2007, 12:46 PM
cheaper way to go rather than buying gap guards, make some yourself. my friend just got some old mud flaps off a semi and cut them to the size he needed. only cost like $10 and looks just as good

Quick Reply: Gap guards