Help with shocks

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with shocks

I have a 2006 f-150 2wd i am getting a 6 inch suspension lift and i am getting a 5 inch block in the back but i am going to stack a 2 inch block on top of that ( i know you shouldn't but it will only be until gradutation when i get an AAL) but my question is what type of shocks do i get for the back, what travel length, compression length and extended length?? I have no idea so if someone could possible help me out that would be great

Old 10-06-2007, 01:14 PM
are keeping the 2.5 Auto Spring up front with the 6" lift. I did and my ball joints are maxed, looking for a fix and getting new UCA, Camburg, i have a Fab Shop that has some ideas, but I love the extra 2.5 inches and don't want to give them up. I have a 5" block and AAL in the back and it sits level so if you don't use your 2.5 AS your back will be ridding higher.

Old 10-06-2007, 03:30 PM
i am getting the DL's and cranking them 2 inches so i want to get the back level some what and i don't think the fabtech shocks will work?? and i love the way your truck sits it is perfect

Old 10-06-2007, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by thorherc67
i am getting the DL's and cranking them 2 inches so i want to get the back level some what and i don't think the fabtech shocks will work?? and i love the way your truck sits it is perfect

I'm thinking of getting coilovers crancked 2" as well. That extra 2.5" and
36" tires are great and pulling up to all those other 6" lifts, i like just the way it sits, they are always looking up at me. I wish they made an 8" for
2X4, after all the upgrade it cost the same as a Rize kit. I used the stock Procomp rear shocks in the back and it worked out fine so call Fabtech. I know i could have installed a body lift, but i put wiring to an upgraded stereo system and front and rear cameras, rear seat lift, to much trouble for me and i'm not running anthing larger thatn a 36" A/T tire. Now if i had a 4X4 hello 40" tires and Rize lift, but i don't even go off road with it and if i do it's to haul dirt bikes, so theres my off road.

Last edited by rawasever299; 10-08-2007 at 07:22 AM.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:22 PM
yeah i can't believe you have a 2wd it looks sick i hope mine will sit that high and what is the measurment to the bottom of your rear view mirror and to the bottom of your rear bumper?? do you think you could get those measurments for me??

Quick Reply: Help with shocks