Helper leaf spring=2" lift??

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2000, 03:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Helper leaf spring=2" lift??

Have a 97 F150 4X4 without ORP, just put on 285/75R16 BFG all terrain TA's no rubbing problems at all. Now I want to lift the rear a tad, I was told by adding a helper leaf spring in the back it will give me about a 1 1/2-2in lift I would also like to add one for I will be towing a trailer and could use that help. I found exactly what I was looking for in JC whitney but they did not offer it for a 97. SO does anyone know where I can find such a kit?

I am talking about just adding another spring bar and NOT the complete leaf spring that bolts to the top. SO instead of having 3 leaf springs I would have 4. I then plan on cranking up the torsion bars a turn or 2 to level it off a tad. PLEASE HELP. THANKS

Old 01-05-2000, 04:23 PM
Talking

Call 4 Wheelparts And tell them you want an "Add a Leaf" Will raise rear 2 Inches

------------------
98 F150 2WD,Bright Red, Regular Cab, 4.2, 3.55, 5 Speed, Superchip, 2 Superchip Decals (I Think They Add 5 HP Each), 3 Inch Bullseye Lift Spindles, Manik Grill Guard,Nerf Bars, Vent Visors,Air Box Mod, Fog Lights Mounted In Front Air Dam ,2 Kc DayLighters, Back Up Lights, Alpine CD Player, 2 Kenwood Amps, 10 Inch MTX Blue Thunder SubWoofer, Tinted Windows. And Coming Soon: 3 Inch Body Lift Kit, 16.5 x 9.75 American Racing Baja Wheels Wrapped With 35x12.5x16.5 BFG All Terrains

'00 Toyota Celica GT( Wife's Car )

Pics @ http://www.angelfire.com/la2/ccla/

Old 01-05-2000, 05:22 PM
Cool

Valerossi,
I did exactly what you want to do. I took the rear springs off my truck an went to a custom spring shop. I went to St. Louis Spring Company in St. Louis, Mo. They added 1 spring to the pack and put insulators imbetween each spring with permanant clamps to keep the springs together. It raised the rear end about 2 inches and allowed me to carry an added 1500-2000lbs all without the stiff ride(8ft slide in camper). They added the spring right after the top spring and it is almost as long as the top spring. I then cranked up the torsion bar two turns on the adjustment bolt. This made it almost level with just a little rake from front to back( back higher than the front by 1-2 inches). If you look at the signature you will see that I have a longbed and that will account for some of the reason for not loosing the good ride.

------------------
'97 F150 Red/Silver Lariat, SC, 157" wheelbase.
Factory Equipment includes: 4x4, 5.4L, Automatic, 3.55LS, Graphite leather, Power bucket seats, HD Tow package, Rear sliding window, Ford bed Liner, electric shift on the fly.

Aftermarket additions/modifications: Superchipped, K&N Air filter, Air box Mods, 2-1/2" True Dual exhaust with chrome tips out the back, 36" glass packs, 265/75/16 Michelin LTX A/T's, custom rear spring pack, cranked torsion bars, Bug deflector, Window Drip edge guards, Sony 10 Disk CD changer, Chrome Nerf Bars, Extang Tonneau cover.

Future additions: Hellwig bar, tinted front windows, super white lights, IAS Shocks and the list goes on and on and on and...

Old 01-05-2000, 05:24 PM
Check your local telephone directory. Here in Tucson, AZ there are shops that do springs, u bolts, etc. on a drive in basis. The would probably sell you a leaf to add to your springs and you could specify how strong you wanted it to be.

------------------
97 F-150,4.6 Windsor, Magnecor 8.5mm Wires, Bosch Plat +4s,Reg Cab, Flareside, Air Aid Kit, TransGo Shift Kit,
Superchips, Gibson Single Cat Back, ******* Bed Cover,
EGR Bug Shield, XL Full Length Running Boards,
Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, Hellwig 2500# Overload Springs

Quick Reply: Helper leaf spring=2" lift??