SuperCrew

01-03 Screw and Expy front doors... interchangeable?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 09:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01-03 Screw and Expy front doors... interchangeable?

Does anyone know if the front doors on an 01-03 F150 Supercrew and 97-02 Expedition are interchangeable? Same size, will fit right, etc.

The story:
A couple weeks ago I managed to slide my 01 Screw into a tree causing quite a bit of daamage to my truck. The passenger side front door and the rocker panel beneath it were smashed in and the outer rocker actually pushed in the inner rocker which is making for some costly repairs. I don't want to make an insurance claim based on what my insurance agent advised and am looking to find some ways to lessen the huge bill on the repairs.

I haven't been able to find a Screw door at the local junkyards but I know there are a few Expys out there. I have a hunch they may be based on the fact that window ventshades for Screws list that they fit the Expy as well, but not Supercabs or Single. I could save quite a bit of money getting an Expy door... any help is appreciated!

Old 01-12-2013, 01:34 PM
Try asking the guys at the junk yard. Most of them use a Hollander cross reference system.

I used that system in the mid 80's and I think I remember that if a 85 Malibu fender (maybe #755 ) would fit on an 85 El Camino but had different reflector location, the part might be numbered #755B. Back then, if the the numbers only differed by the letter suffix, the parts would bolt up just fine but would have some trim or visible difference.

If you can find a good junk yard guy - he should be able to tell you. Watch out for cut wires on the lock/window harness. You want the electrical connectors on the harness to come with the door.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the input! Just this past Friday a 98 Expy came in on trade at the car dealership I work for and I was able to measure the doors to see if they were the same dimensions, I believe they are. I plan to get just the door shell from the junkyard. That way I can get it worked on and painted and then put the interior panel from my truck onto it after it's painted.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by RuggedClass
Thanks for the input! Just this past Friday a 98 Expy came in on trade at the car dealership I work for and I was able to measure the doors to see if they were the same dimensions, I believe they are. I plan to get just the door shell from the junkyard. That way I can get it worked on and painted and then put the interior panel from my truck onto it after it's painted.
I was wondering if you had any luck. I wanted to get a gold door so I wouldn't have to paint

Old 02-26-2014, 04:26 PM
Former Sponsor
Did a little checking and the F-150 and Expedition always had different part numbers for the doors, no clue what's different and I can't say for sure that they won't fit but Ford most certainly did have two different part numbers for them.

Old 03-02-2014, 12:56 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The last I remember is they are the same fitment but different body lines to them, usually at the top part by the mirror and belt moulding

Old 08-18-2014, 06:51 PM
interchangeable yes I did it

Yes you can interchange but remember door panel years.. I put a 1999 Expedition front door on a 2002 ford Screw... you need to change handle position because 2002 handles are different then 1999 Expedition.... also you have to remove rivited piece off where inside handle is placed.. Wiring is same but use your door origional off your bad door and keep to cab ... or you can pay 500-900 for a Screw door at a wrecking yard

Quick Reply: 01-03 Screw and Expy front doors... interchangeable?