SuperCrew

can the 2007 owners sign in please :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 06:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bought my 07 Screw in February and have about 2,000 miles on it. Came from a 04 Tacoma double cab. I love the size of this truck, the fact it’s a 4x4, the leather seats, the fold away mirrors and the way it handles.
My complaints are the lack of usable storage in the cab, the auto ac, and it is underpowered for its size.

Old 04-20-2007, 09:48 PM
Just got back from my dealer. Ordered an 07 4x4 SCREW Lariat with 6.5' box. My 98 was getting long in the tooth.

Now for the waiting while it gets built.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:59 PM
I picked up a black '07 Scab Fx4 on Monday. Already put 200 miles on it. Its replacing my 06 XLT, that was wrecked two weeks ago. I think my '07 has a much better build quality than my '06, the body and interior panel fit is better. The '06 had a few minor but annoying rattles and noises from day one. This is my 5th Ford vehicle. My list is 1993 Mustang GT, 1988 F-150, 2002 Mustang GT, and my crashed 2006 XLT.

Old 04-21-2007, 01:39 AM
KJB
I'm on my second one. I had an '04 Lariat 4x4 that I had to sell when we moved (long story). I had an '05 Acura RL for a couple of years, but the itch was coming back, so I traded it on my new F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4x4 a few weeks ago. The rebate wiped out any resistance I had. It's pretty loaded (nav, rear seat entertainment, 3.73 LSD, 20" wheels etc) and I doubt that I'll do much in the way of mods. I did put on a Retrax tonneau last weekend, but that may be it unless I do Line-X again.

The first one was the Torreador red with black interior and black step rails. It really handled deep snow well. I lived up on a hill in WA on a private dirt road where snow was pretty common. The new one is a dark blue pearl two-tone with tan interior and chrome step rails. I love this color combination

Old 04-22-2007, 12:53 AM
Here is mine. just picked it up a couple weeks ago. I love it so far!

Old 04-22-2007, 02:39 PM
Smile My 4th F-150!

Nice reviews here. Back in 97 I went after my first truck. Had my sites on a Z-71. Drove everything on the market, but it came down to the Z-71 and F-150. GM owners told me about various quality problems in their trucks. In driving, Fords were noticeably tighter built, firmer and better handling. The GM’s felt sloppy. The Ford SCab 3rd door and fold-down rear seat designs were much better. I discovered how to negotiate a lease (not through lot salesmen), and made a great deal for a silver 98 2WD XLT SCab through a Ford fleet sales department over the phone. No lessor could come close to the deal for a Z-71 due to much lower residual values.

I loved the truck, and am now on my 4th F-150 in the past 10 years. Each was custom ordered, and I expect to keep coming back because of the design, quality, and great deals. I've hated to let each of them go, but leasing a new truck is good. Payments stay low, and it's always under warranty (no big problems, but just in case). I've had a white 01 2WD Lariat SCab, and a grey 04 4WD XLT SCrew. All have had the 4.6L, which meets my needs. Here's my current config:

- 2007 F-150 SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 Ft. Bed
- Appearance Package: XLT 507A
- Exterior Color: Dark Shadow Gray Metallic CX
- Interior Color: Medium Flint Gray *E
- Engine: 4.6 L V8 99W
- Trailer Tow Package 535
- 3.73 Limited Slip Axle XB6
- Bright Stainless Tubular Running Boards 18F
- Fog Lamps 595
- Premium Cloth Captain's Chairs w/ Console F*
- Power Driver's Seat 90P
- Deluxe Mirror Package 61A
- Radio, 6-Disc Changer w/ MP3 586
- Overhead Rail Storage 47C
- Reverse Sensing System 76R
- Driver Side Keyless Entry 60K
- Bed Extender 63E

I absolutely love this truck! It’s the same color and basic config as my ‘04. I added reverse sensing to this one, since the deep bed/high tailgate make it so difficult to see when backing up. The feature works well. I also added the step bars after watching too many ladies struggle to climb into my last truck. I went with the longer bed so I'd have room for a tool box, and upgraded to the 6-disc CD changer, which is very nice on road trips.

My least favorite of the F-150's was my 01 Lariat. I like leather, but the quality wasn't great and it scuffed easily. Ford's cloth looks good and is functionally better. I also didn't like the Lariat's electronic climate control that much, and just prefer the ***** on the standard unit. Since the '01 I've gone back to loaded up XLT's. I can get just about every feature I want, and avoid the ones I don't want including now the more expensive 5.4L motor.

I like the FX4's except for two things: the mandatory black interior, and the flow-through console. The center shifter is cool, but the XLT console is MUCH larger inside and way more practical.

I find great function in the features I order. The auto-dimming and heaters in the deluxe mirrors are awesome. I wish you could also get power-fold on the XLT. The captain's chairs and power driver's seat are must-have. The fogs light up wide, good for seeing deer standing off in the ditches, foggy or not.

The headlights are great, but I don't like the sharp vertical cut-off angle. This is important to other drivers on the highway, but when traveling hilly back roads, you can't see what's up the next hill when you're on the way down the one before. I need a set of driving lights, but have been offended by the cost.

One thing I don't really like is the lack of functionality in the SCrew’s rear seat folding and storage arrangement. The 98 SCab was OK. Nothing since has been as good. Ford needs to provide storage behind the seat.

Because I lease, I have to be careful with mods. I'd like to do more, but am hesitant to put money into things I can't take back out of the truck when the lease ends. One exception is window tint on the front sides to match the back. This really looks good on the dark grey truck, and makes it nicer to drive. Other stuff:

- Bridgestone AT Revo's in P265/70R/17 (swapped from late replacement on ’04)
- UWS black low-profile deep tool box
- Rubber bed mat
- Husky floor liners (moved from my '04, still look new)
- Beltronics Vector 995 radar detector (wired in - great convenience)
- Bully stainless steel hitch bar
- Jamming sound system (some of it moved from '04)
(https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=280933)

I like the function of Vent Shades, but found they made a lot of wind noise on a previous truck, so left them off this one. I'd like to put Line-X in the bed, but not on a lease. Ford doesn't penalize on turn-in with a scratched up, dented bed - after all, it's a truck.

Other than 15.3 MPG highway at this point, I'm very happy with my F-150. The 4WD, larger gears and tires, and my driving habits are probably to blame for the mileage. I've driven other people's Chevy's and Toyota's lately, and am still glad I've got a Ford. These are very capable, comfortable, and well built trucks.

Old 04-22-2007, 02:48 PM
Ordered on 03/12/07, Delivered on 04/17/07.

2007 FX4 Supercrew (150" Wheelbase)

- 6.5 ft. Styleside Bed
- 5.4 L EFI 3V FFV (Flex Fuel) Engine
- 3.73 Limited Slip Axle Ratio
- Dark Blue Pearl Paint
- Two-tone Dark Shadow Gray Paint Lower Accent
- 20" Wheels and Tires
- Trailer Towing Package
- Reverse Sensing System
- Deluxe Mirror Package
- Power Rear Sliding Window
- Black Tubular Running Boards
- Black Leather Captain's Seats with Center Console
- Power Driver's Seat

In less than a week the following has been done:

- FX2 Headlights
- Kenwood DPX-701 Head unit
- MTX Thunderforms with Amp
- Window Tint
- Line-X Liner
- Truxedo Lo Pro Tonneau
- Harley Pedals
- FX4 Badge on Tailgate

I absolutely love the truck. I traded in my 99 Supercab 4x2 as I was needing more room in the backseat. With the extended powertrain warranty, great deal I got on it, and free money for 60 months, now was the time to do it. No dislikes so far.

Old 04-22-2007, 09:49 PM
2007 Supercrew w/ 6-1/2 foot box, 5.4L, Lariat, Loaded, etc...

I've had her 5-6 months, and only put 21,000 on her, but I love the truck. My only regrets are as follows:

1) She isn't a diesel (usually what I drive).
2) She is black (a beauty when clean, a bi@#$ to keep clean).
3) I put a full topper on her (that looks very UNsporty).
4) It's not a King Ranch (maybe next time).

Other than that, NOTHING. She is a great rig for a daily driver. Ask me at the middle of summer when I've logged a few camper hauling miles... I hope she pulls it!

Old 04-23-2007, 02:38 AM
Had 2005 and went to 2007 6.5.

So far motor feels better
Seats are much improved
The NAV system is a saviour :-)

Old 04-23-2007, 09:37 AM
Well, I've always driven manual transmission, manual windows, types of trucks, so needless to say, I feel like I'm cruising in luxury in my 07.

It's not a screw, but the scab, but that's all I needed.

Things I like:
power windows, power mirrors, sunroof, power from the 5.4, love the automatic transmission, and my overall favorite is the flow-through center console. That console really makes the overall interior feel like you're just cruising in style. The fx4 dashboard also seems nice...I drove an XLT and the FX4 just seems so much more sporty with the layout and the chrome surrounds on each gauge. I also love the interior size of this thing...don't know if I could ever go back. The bed is huge -- I love how deep it is. Oh yeah, power driver seat is also a HUGE plus.

Things I dislike:
I wish I would have known about the whole computer system thing that tells you how many miles to E and average fuel economy...and the power folding mirrors would have been a nice option as well. Other than that, not much I dislike and I'm not even sure those really count as dislikes, just things I wish I got.

I do dislike the fact that my paint chipped off while waxing it heh.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got my 07 screw on dec 30, 06. Love the truck. I have an edge and a magnaflow duel system on it. Sounds great... goes great. Now when I get my 2.5 leveling kit and add a leaf on.. I will be about done with mods and have the truck I like. 7,000 miles here and loving every minute of it.

Old 04-24-2007, 01:39 PM
2007 FX2 Sport

Picked my truck up on March 12 and overall very pleased. No problem towing and rides better than my Jeep Gr Cherokee Ltd. Just hit 2K miles.

Somewhat concerned about ticking sound when idling and may make a visit to the dealership for diagnosis. In reading other posts, not sure if this is normal or not!

Pics here....https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?num=13436

Old 04-25-2007, 01:30 AM
month old

got my s crew xlt a month ago. like all but the feel at idle. I noticed Taiichii mentioned the same problem. Anyone else notice this. Mine is also 4.6 .

Old 04-25-2007, 01:33 AM
ticking also

Hey jrtexas50 I also noticed this ticking but it does not do it all the time . The idle though seems rough to me. the dealer will most likely tell you characteristic of the motor. That's what they told me.(I don't buy it though) What part of TX you from. I'm near Tyler.

Old 04-25-2007, 06:36 PM
Picked Up a 2007 XLT 4x4 Screw 4.6 6.5 ft bed about 2 weeks ago. Dealer asked what color we wanted? I said any color but red. We ended up with a Redfire and Silver with Flint cloth interior. Dealer only had that one and a Stone and Gold with a Tan interior, optioned the way I was willing to pay for. The rest were "Tomato" Red. My wife talked me into the Redfire because of the Grey interior.

Dealer through in the sprayed in bedliner. They added the chrome step bars and "Undercover" Hard Cover at half price. We added Bug Deflector and Trailer Hitch.

It has less then 800 miles on it right now.

My wife totaled my 98 Explorer about 3 weeks ago. We only had one payment left to make.

I thought we would never own a new vehicle but we were able to get this for a few thousand more then the used ones we were looking at.

We are very happy with it.

Last edited by AZ Traveler; 05-10-2007 at 10:15 AM.

Quick Reply: can the 2007 owners sign in please :)