I got street raced...

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 10:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got street raced...

I don’t street race people anymore. It’s a truck, not a race car and an extended cab is even less of a race car. However, coming home from work yesterday I found myself at a stoplight next to an older (2000-2004'ish?) Chevy Tahoe with the windows down, bass thumping, drop in HID’s, and what had to be 30” chrome rims with rubber band tires. I am running 22’s and his made mine look like 17’s. I try not to pay attention to these folks trying to stand out and be noticed so I didn't even glance his way.

I am a somewhat aggressive driver but as I get older I find I am slowing down alot. That being said, I am usually the first one off the line at a green light. No spinning tires or wide open throttle mind you, just quick. Today was no different.

The light turned green and I went on my merry way. After a few seconds this Tahoe passes me and sounds like it is about to fall apart. Loud music, some kind of banging noise, a weird ticking noise, and people inside yelling their fool heads off. They passed me and got to the next light before me. As I approached the light and began slowing down I glanced over and they are laughing and pointing at me. They were yelling that they “whooped my Ecoboost ***!” among other anti-Ford sentiments. I looked at the driver kinda confused and yelled back “You were racing me? I thought you were having car trouble?” They both laughed loudly and told me not to act like I wasn't racing. I looked at the red light and back and them and said, best 2 out of 3? They laughed and said something else about Ford and their taillights being all I would see. Whatever. It is worth noting this was on a freshly paved 3 lane (both sides) out of the way stretch of road. It’s not a major strip so it sees little traffic and has no sidewalks or trees to hide foot traffic. I don't do stupid stuff like this often and definitely not in high traffic areas.

I sat back in my seat and waited for the light to turn green. It did. I launched at full throttle and the Nitto’s performed admirably. He never had a chance. He never gained even the slightest amount. Of course, I credit the 6-speed, gear ratio, vehicle weight, and smaller wheels for the win. It was not fair at all. I actually held my hand out and waved for him to “come on up here with me” a few times. In all fairness the poor Chevy gave it all it had. He must beat that thing daily because it sounded horrible. Spinning up those big wheels can’t be good on the drive line either.

So I am at the next light waiting and he slowly pulls up. Windows still down but the music is turned down low and he won’t even look at me. All I said was "I don't have the Ecoboost, but I hear its a little quicker off the line, just so you know." The passenger broke out in a fit of laughter and proceeds to give the driver a good ribbing over the loss. The light turns green and I wait for him to launch for part 3 but he doesn't. I took off at normal speed and gave him a casual wave and went on my way.

The guy was an idiot for racing that tank, and so was I for racing him. But if he ever finds a EB that is willing to set him down for a come to Jesus meeting, I think he will be extremely disappointed once again.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:08 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

All I know is those guys with ecoboost that have some work done have one hell of a sleeper. If that were me, I'd leave the exhaust stock so no one would know.

Old 03-24-2015, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24

All I know is those guys with ecoboost that have some work done have one hell of a sleeper. If that were me, I'd leave the exhaust stock so no one would know.
I like 4x4 launching and leaving the SRT8 jeeps behind since they think it's the fastest vehicle on the planet from light to light

Old 03-25-2015, 07:25 AM
Originally Posted by 6.2Canadian
I like 4x4 launching and leaving the SRT8 jeeps behind since they think it's the fastest vehicle on the planet from light to light
There is a guy near me that runs a stretch of highway in the afternoons in a maroon SRT-8 Jeep and he is a real asshat. I don't think I could take him stock in my F150 but I drove a friends Corvette home one day to do the brakes on it for him and toasted that Jeep. Not a fair fight but it was fun and he initiated it. I would like to own him in the F150 too. Maybe I need to sign up as a donor and get a supercharger.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:40 PM
I see whipple has a 5.0 kit now ..

Old 03-25-2015, 03:48 PM
Lol. Yes they do. I wonder if they take hot checks?

Quick Reply: I got street raced...