System input, subs and amps, door speakers

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 06:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
System input, subs and amps, door speakers

I have a 2007 super crew.I am looking to upgrade my audio system. I listen to a variety of music. I'm not sure if one ten is enough or two tens. What is the best place to get a box? Around here its slim pickings for custom audio. I like JL, but was also wondering if a kicker solo baric would fit. Any input would be nice. Thank you..

Old 09-25-2015, 07:58 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Check out www.supercrewsound.com You can fit a pair of 12's under an 07 screw seat and they have the box for it.

Old 09-25-2015, 10:51 PM
What's your budget for the subs and do you already have an amp?

There's a lot of choices out there that'll fit under the seat and outperform JL stuff for half the cost.

As for choosing a box, supercrewsound makes good stuff. But what's important to keep in mind with going with a prefab box is the sub must match up to the box as far as airspace goes. Also, if the sub is pole vented there needs to be enough mounting depth to allow it to vent properly.

If it was me, I'd look into one Sundown Audio SD3-10 or an Alpine Type-R Shallow 12 depending if you're going for more loud or musical.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:34 PM
Thank you for the replies. I'm trying to stay about 2 grand for everything.
I have the deck I want already picked out. My door speakers are up in the, keep going back and forth. As far as what I am going for, sound quality. I like it to bump also. But, I also want it to sound good if I'm listening to a sports game or Howard Stern. I don't mind 12's either. I've just always had JL or Kicker subs. I am always open to new options.

Old 09-26-2015, 10:11 PM
If you want good sound quality the Stereo Integrity BM Mk V3 or 4 are some of the best sounding sq sub woofers and are shallow mounts which means they take up little space, unfortunately you'd have to pick one up used or wait for the v5 to come out. The alpine type r shallow 12" has almost as good sq but with more output. I had one of the alpines in my last truck and it's still one of my favorite subs that I've ever had out of about twenty different kinds.

Both of those subs run around $3-350 new but shopping used always leaves room to save money. Both also only require around 3-500rms so with lower power you can spend more money on getting a higher quality amp.

I recommend reading a lot of reviews over on the diyma forum. That website is basically dedicated to sound quality related car audio and you can get a lot of good deals in there classifieds as well if you know what you're looking for.

Old 09-29-2015, 08:35 PM
Thank you pizzaman711...

Old 11-03-2015, 10:18 PM
I have a dual 10" Fox box that would be perfect for jl w0', jlw3's or sundown sd3's. It came our of a 2004 supercrew so it would fit perfectly.if it was me personally I would go with the sundown sd3's over jl or kicker.

Quick Reply: System input, subs and amps, door speakers