Looking to redo sub system

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 09:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking to redo sub system

Hey guys I have been thinking about redoing my sub system in my 04 Scab. Back in 06-08 I had a 02 Screw and built a custom box to fit 2 10's under the back seat. I ended up totaling the truck and bought my 04 Scab. I tried building a new box but kinda just gave up on it and threw my old box on the back seat. Fast forward 7 years and it's still kicking it on the back seat. I'd like to get a box for under the seat. Right now I have my amp under the passenger rear seat. I've been looking at boxes for the 04 and see that they have ones that fit just under the driver side seat and ones that go under both seats (one box). If I go with the duals I'll have to move my amp, but to where? I don't have many options (it's a fairly large amp). Also my equipment is pretty old, the amp is an Audiobahn, and my subs are Infinity. Should I get rid of the amp and buy a newer smaller unit or go down to one 10 and get the single box? I'm not looking to rattle teeth but after having subs for so long I can't just go back to a stock stereo with no bass.

Old 06-07-2015, 12:33 PM
SFM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mount the amp on the rear wall behind the seatback. Common solution., however I would replace that amp.

Old 06-25-2015, 05:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
x2 on the rear wall install. I did this in my old 04 and added a 12 to the system along with a Kenwood HU. Pretty easy install and considering the door speakers were stock, it still sounded great.

Quick Reply: Looking to redo sub system