Stock speaker wattage?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 12:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Cheap Speakers/HU

Hi Ziggy,
If you are looking for cheap speakers and HU, go to a place where you can listen to them and get a deal on installation. I like Circuit City for lower end stuff. They will give you free installation on a standard installation on some items. However, they charge you for parts. Right now, they have free install on any HU over $99.
Speakers will often be discounted for a second pair. I bought my Infinity Reference 5 x 7's for $90 on first pair, $45 on second pair. If you want to save money, stay with the factory size. Any decent shop can tell you what came with the Bronco originally.
If you are installing yourself, try www.discountave.net or www.etronics.com.
Look at the RMS that your new HU is putting out, than match it to the RMS on your new speakers. Ignore the peak of your new speakers. Without an amp, your speakers will never see it.
Lots of guys will disagree with me on the CC recommendation. However, their prices are published in the store and on the net. They have lots of choices for low dollar items. The small catr audio shops are not always so honest. If they suspect you do not know very much, they may take advantage of you. Not all shops, just some of them. If you think you find one you can trust, go for it.
Good luck.

Old 12-06-2004, 05:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vagabond...

RMS is .707 !!!

Quick Reply: Stock speaker wattage?