1997 - 2003 F-150

01' F-150 FXoffroad Lariat COPS?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 10:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
01' F-150 FXoffroad Lariat COPS?

Have not been on in a while & recently had original plugs replaced,oil changed w/motorcraft as recomended here @ specs recomended here.They are still doing the antisieze deal...., But I had them installed dry & torqued to 28lbs.
87k original mi. I had local garage change them & they replaced the boots too saying they had to be replaced.OK.
I know the folks mean well but are not up on the outside real world facts even tho they use 'puters...lol
I'm in middle of nowhereNM. I picked up the plugs,oil & filter myself(motorcraft) as they get their parts thru NAPA.I did not see the boots(plug wires)mentioned in this job here. Not a biggy,but this was not COPS being replaced. So do I need to replace the COPS,which to my old Ford mind means individual distributors in new letters....lol.
The truck runs great still. I do know these NM roads are a beating on vehicles and things will go.
I used to do most all my own work & rebuilt engines etc. But not since I got my Tacoma in 00' that has 365k & now the second back up truck.Had many Fords before but never worked on these newer Fords.
Replaced the MichLTX's with Yokahama Geo's in 10ply as these roads eat everything. New Front shocks. Napa. OK Made by Monroe.
Door light comes if I don't slam doors now too,but I kinda knew the half rear doors would do this,sag,but wanted the larger bed & it's just me.
I gave up on trying to keep it as clean as when I got it.Again NM dirt& paved roads are like any off road track you could ever find. I do not really go off road for no reason cept to get fire wood & work the ranch.The Tacoma is the hunt truck that goes anywhere.
What else would you good folks here say to replace as I go. Pretty sure the COPS & new stock style suspension parts & rear shocks will be next. This truck should last for me. I'm 62....lol

Old 03-30-2017, 11:30 AM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
http://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/sta...ug)+boot,10150

No need to replace all the cops if it's running okay.

Old 03-31-2017, 10:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks GLC.
They did replace the boots/cops. I did have to go back as something sounded like a loose wire ,but it was the oxysensor line? not reattached. But runs great now.