no signal lights!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 04:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation no signal lights!!!

I have a 98 f150 signal lights not working. The hazard
Lights are working though. I have checked the fuses as well
As the relays. I just put on a new turn signal switch
I'm running out of options please help!!

Old 10-27-2016, 06:17 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Get a Ford F-150 Electrical manual and a meter and start troubleshooting. It's the only way.

Old 10-28-2016, 01:27 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Did you check the connector at the switch?

https://www.f150online.com/forums/19...3-f-150-a.html

Old 10-28-2016, 09:40 PM
Yes I checked the connectors and checked the relays for voltage as well as the fuse box all are firing is there anyway I could straight wire the signals or maybe disconnect the hazards and connect the signals through them lines

Old 10-29-2016, 08:01 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
If the hazards are working, there are only three possible components (plus the interconnecting wiring) that will take out the turn signals. Attempting to bypass the factory arrangement with some rats nest of wiring is a pretty foolish thing to do, the circuit is pretty simple and, as joe61 posted, a meter and the schematic, along with some thinking, is all that is needed to repair the function.

Specific questions, answer them explicitly, do not throw extra stuff into the relies.

1. Did you test and verify that fuse F23 in the under dash fuse box was supplying power when the ignition switch was in the RUN position?

2. When the ignition switch is in the RUN position, can you HEAR the flasher relay click when the turn signal switch is placed in either the left or right turn position?

3. Do the signal lights, including the in-cluster indicators, come on at all, perhaps with no flashing, when either turn signal is activated?

4. Do you know which relay is the flasher relay? Hint: Turn on the hazards, follow the clicking.

5. Did you EXPLICITLY check the wires in the post/thread that fairlaner linked to?

Old 10-30-2016, 12:22 PM
Yes I rechecked the fuses they Are getting power to them then I rechecked the wiring on the harness going to the switch when I grounded out my tester then touched the red white wire on the connector then my flashers worked so I figured it wasn't getting good ground so I rigged a new ground but didn't do anything but blow the fuse #23

Old 10-30-2016, 12:23 PM
And no signal indicators are working no lights or clicking