Lightning

DUCK's Update

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2000, 11:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up DUCK's Update

Just so anyone who is interested knows, I got some warranty stuff done today at Tomball Ford. Most importantly, I had my clunk "fixed". The dealer used two star washers (one on each side) and cleaned up the mess around the bolt hole. It appears to be a quality job and I think it will hold (at least long enough for SVT to suck it up, admit thier mistake, and come up with a fix). I also had 'em check out the seat wear problem and they ordered me some more padding to go underneath the wear spot. All in all, I was pleased. Got the oil changed over to Mobil 1 Synthetic and bought a locking gas cap as well. I also found out that my little "incident" at WFC did more than surface damage. I busted one of the mounts and the bushings under the front of the L. OUCH! Looks like that's gonna be about $100 out of my "mod pot". Oh well....I'll let y'all know how the seat wear thing turns out.

DUCK

BTW, If any of y'all are EXPY owners who have had a positive/negative experience with em, I'd appreciate you sharing it. My brother is a few days away from replacing his 1998 GMC Yukon (POS!) with a new Expedition and is looking for feedback from current owners. I hope he will see the light and come over from the "dark side!" THANKS!

------------------
November 18, 1999 We will not forget.
The fallen 12 will live in our hearts forever.
Fightin Texas Aggie Bonfire 1999

[This message has been edited by DUCK01 (edited 07-14-2000).]

Old 07-15-2000, 12:30 AM
Duck, we bought one of the first Expeditions. Currently have about 60,000 miles on it. My wife drives it and loves it. We bought it with the 5.4 motor, 3.77 rear end and tow package. It gets 13 mpg city /hiway. My friend bought a 4.6 no tow package and gets 19 mpg. We had to bring it the the dealer for a couple recall items and the A/C went out. A/C covered under extended warranty. I would recommend the truck and the extended warranty. It rides much nicer the the L (not quite as fast though), is quiet and fairly comfortable on long hauls.

Old 07-15-2000, 12:42 AM
Thumbs up

Thanks, RedHotL! My bro is looking for the same kind of setup that y'all have. He needs a 4X4 with a towing package to tow our boat and was worried about the ride. It's good to hear that it's not too harsh. Thanks for the input.

DUCK

------------------
November 18, 1999 We will not forget.
The fallen 12 will live in our hearts forever.
Fightin Texas Aggie Bonfire 1999

Quick Reply: DUCK's Update