Aux Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 10:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aux Help

Hey,
I have an sirius xm radio thing in my truck that has an aux spot on it and i've got and aux cable and an ipod touch 4th gen but idk how to get the music to play through the speakers using the xm radio.
The xm came with the truck but i don't have an membership.
So like do i have to have xm membership for the aux to work or is there something i missing like a certain channel for it to work.

Just wondering if anyone knew the answer or could help thanks.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:49 PM
The Aux is completely separate from the satellite radio. You should be able to plug in your Ipod and hit the source button until Aux comes up or there should be a separate Aux button.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:58 AM
A source button where? I forgot to mention that i have a seperate radio in the radio spot on the truck and the sirius is just mounted on a stand in the floor. If theres something different i have to do now please tell me. But thanks for the help i havent gotten to try what you said but thanks in ahead of time.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:12 AM
Yeah, I have an aftermarket headunit in the dash and my XM mounted to my HVAC vent, I have and Auxilary cord from the XM to a AUX port on the front of my headunit. Then in the top left corner of my headunit has a Source button that you can push to go between tuner, cd, usb, and aux.

Old 07-23-2012, 01:15 PM
Well i when i turn the xm on it plays the preview channel and then i get the xm to go on the same channel as the my main radio and i can hear the xm preview through the speakers but my ipod wont play through the speakers when its hooked to the xm and when i click source on my main radio it just switches between radio and cd so im guessing its just time to upgrade from my radio to a new one with an aux port

Quick Reply: Aux Help