Pre-1997 Models

95 f150 wont start or shift from park or neutral

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 08:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 f150 wont start or shift from park or neutral

I have a 95 F-150 XLT super-cab, long bed, 5.0 motor with 130,000 miles.

I have a Prestige remote starter with a kill-switch installed on it, and it used to work fine, however last week something happened. I started it like normal before work, let it warm up 10 minutes and than went for work, but it wouldn't shift out of park. Took the key out, used the fob to shut it down, put the key back in and started it and it still wouldn't shift. After that, when i went to start it, i just heard a single clunk from the front end with my remote starter and key.

I just replaced my neutral safety switch, and it still wouldnt start, and now, no clunk either. With the key in the ignition, my ABS light blinks 15 times than turns solid for half a second.

I am able to cross the contacts on the starter solenoid on the fender, it turns over and when i hit the remote starter it fires up, but doesn't shift. However, if i turn the key back on notch from the "on" position, i am able to shift it and drive, but it is still in its remote start mode. So my reverse lights and brake lights do not work, it has 3/4 power, it does not track miles and it shuts the truck down after 20 minutes like normal.

PLEASE HELP, i bought the truck for 4 grand and have put and additional 7 grand to keep it on the road

Old 03-19-2015, 12:54 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Check your brake light switch, I bet it is bad. Also check the fuses for the brake and tail lights. Then finally take a look at the wires for the trailer plug (the 4-pin connector).

Old 03-26-2015, 02:21 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If the odometer is OFF, then you should begin by diagnosing the PSOM. Click this, read the whole caption (it's long), and follow the relevant links:

Quick Reply: 95 f150 wont start or shift from park or neutral