Pre-1997 Models

1992 Ford F150 stolen the other night... Now the aftermath...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 05:52 PM
cam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1992 Ford F150 stolen the other night... Now the aftermath...

Hey yall,

I'm new to this site, and my truck was stolen the other night... With my trailer and ATV on it. Anyway, I got it back the same night, with everything in it. The A**hole decieded to run from the cops and bailed out of it and left it rolling. The cops never caught him. I have already ordered all of the front end parts that were damaged (insurance isn't covering me due to liability only coverage). I cannot seem to find the plastic steering column cover were the gear shifter goes through with out buying the whole damn column (broke college student here). If anyone just so happens to know of one I can buy, that would be great! Thank y'all in advance for y'all's help.

-one broke college student.

Last edited by Bluejay; 07-11-2014 at 10:55 AM.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll NEVER understand why some people don't get FULL coverage...insane.

Old 07-11-2014, 07:42 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
FULL coverage wouldn't pay crap on a 1992 truck! I Company would just give you a check for $500 or some other pittance and total it out!

If OP can afford an ATV he should have spent some of that money on a GOOD alarm!

Old 07-11-2014, 08:23 PM
I don't know about your area or that of the op but everywhere I've lived car alarms are just considered a nuisance and nobody pays any attention to them, except maybe to shout "TURN OFF YOUR STUPID G.D. ALARM !"

I'd say a simple hidden ignition or fuel pump lock out switch is cheaper and much more effective.

...none of which much helps the op at the moment. Sorry to hear about the theft and stupidity of the thief though.

Old 07-12-2014, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by cam
Hey yall,

I'm new to this site, and my truck was stolen the other night... With my trailer and ATV on it. Anyway, I got it back the same night, with everything in it. The A**hole decieded to run from the cops and bailed out of it and left it rolling. The cops never caught him. I have already ordered all of the front end parts that were damaged (insurance isn't covering me due to liability only coverage). I cannot seem to find the plastic steering column cover were the gear shifter goes through with out buying the whole damn column (broke college student here). If anyone just so happens to know of one I can buy, that would be great! Thank y'all in advance for y'all's help.

-one broke college student.
To answer your question, go to Ford's parts website and look up the P/N of just the part you want. Then, cross reference that part number to see which years and models used it. Now you've got a wider net to cast when checking Craigslist and junk yards.

And get full coverage...no it wouldn't have paid much but it wouldn't have cost you much either. If anything, it provides a down payment on the replacement vehicle.

Old 07-13-2014, 09:56 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
If you never buy anything but liability insurance with no collision or comprehensive you will most likely come out ahead. The insurance companies charge enough to pay for damages and make a lot of money. I only bought coll and comp for my wife's new Infinity. My 02 Truck and 05 Dodge Magnum have liability only.

I live in a coastal town. I also decided not to buy homeowners insurance this year. I'm helping to pay for the beach houses when I do. I bought my home new 20 years ago. It is now worth about 70% more than what I paid for it. My homeowners insurance has gone up 400%. It just does not compute. 4 hurricanes have hit my area directly during that time and I have never had an insurance claim because my home was quality built. If a tornado hits my home, I'm screwed but I don't worry too much about the hurricanes. It's a tiny risk of a huge loss.

Quick Reply: 1992 Ford F150 stolen the other night... Now the aftermath...