Pre-1997 Models

D44 IFS axle/spindle seals

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 01:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D44 IFS axle/spindle seals

I've got a project I'm working on where I took the knuckles and stub shafts out of a 1996 f150 with a D44 and am fitting them onto a 1996 ranger with a D35.

I've got almost everything ready to go back together, but the seals that go on the axle stubs are what's throwing me right now. I'm not sure what I need for this. I have a new seal from NAPA, #18844, which fits on the stub, and seems like it will push up to the back of the spindle, but is this all that goes on there? The seals that were on there originally were all tore up and not any help. I've seen different things here and there, inluding a metal dust shield that wasn't on the original parts truck. I've looked at online parts stores and everybody seems to have something different.

I put this project down about two years ago for various reason and am now trying to get it finished. I can't remember all the details of the plan or exactly whats what in my part trays. I'm at the point where I just need to ask for help from somebody with experience on the IFS D44. What seals/shields do I need for the axle/spindle assembly?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: D44 IFS axle/spindle seals