Pre-1997 Models

condesation & fuel 1/2 tank what you think?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 11:18 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
condensation & fuel 1/2 tank what you think?

with my fuel pump issue, I wanted to also ask this question, if real wet weather and a half tank of "bad" fuel the day before and 5 straight days of heavy rain, has anyone heard of these late model trucks, '96 with 351 Windsor have hard turning over problems? I was thinking....this morning as the truck started and as the day wore on, the sun finally came out here in NW Washington state. I started and stopped about 5 times now and it fires right up.

could it have been all the wet weather and half tank of condensation that could have triggered it? I'm thinking a car or truck was made to start in all kinds of weather but just wanted to hear what ya guys have to say.

I have to hold off on the FP replacement for now. I think i'll fill the tank up with Chevron. Can you recommend some anti- condensation bulid up in a can at any parts store? or will filling up the tank just do it? Thanks

Last edited by grizzeyes; 05-06-2014 at 02:06 AM.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:39 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Old 05-08-2014, 02:20 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
thanks glc. would appreciate your expertise here...I've been getting by the last few days by tapping underneath the fuel tank while someone turns the key and it's starting but i'm having the fuel pump replaced Thursday. guess the parts store has one for 140.00. any tips on which brand to get for that price? Napa?

Also, any tips you would share with me that the mechanic of a friend of mine who is working on it should know in order to do the job right? i'll check in the morning. Thank you.

griz

Quick Reply: condesation & fuel 1/2 tank what you think?